sábado, 29 de junio de 2019

A Book I’ve Enjoyed Reading

I usually read a lot, but since I entered university I have not been able to do it. A book that I enjoy reading it a lot was "The Virgins of Paradise" by Barbara Wood, it is a romantic novel that takes place in the city of Cairo, Egypt. I liked it because it helps you to understand how is the Muslim culture with respect to women, what to do, what to say and how to behave, to break all these rules comes Jasmine who returns to her home in the street of the Virgins of Paradise, in Cairo. Now she is a doctor, and she has managed to break the dependence to which the woman in her country is condemned. Then, his memory paraded his privileged childhood, his awakening to life and his failed marriage, as well as the fate of the women in his family. The Virgins of Paradise is an overview of the recent history of Egypt and a chronicle of the condition of women in the Muslim world, the story not only tells what happens with Jasmine, but also tells the story of their relatives, as for example, her grandmother who was kidnapped when she was small and sold, being that she was a princess or for example Ali who was obsessed with having a son to leave as offspring, a plot that has love, secrets and mysteries at the same time.

3 comentarios:

  1. wow a long time ago, almost 6 years ago, I read that book, it's good, but I remember very well the story.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This is the kind of book that I like to read

    ResponderEliminar